Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Rocking a new 'do... and a new lifestyle!

        It's a little bit late for a new year's resolution, so I'm going to go ahead and call this my mid-year's resolution: I, Megann Phillips, am keeping a blog. I could claim that it isn't an entirely new concept to me because I've faithfully kept a private journal for quite some time, but to say that would be bending the truth-- To begin posting about my life in a blog, where it will likely be subject to scrutiny and applause from the greater public, is giant leap from writing in an unnoticed little book hidden safely in my underwear drawer. That being said, I have my reasons for making the jump:
(1) I thoroughly enjoy my life and want to share it with as many people as I can.
(2) As a creative-minded individual, I frequently take up cooking/baking/DIY projects for which I crave both admiration and critique. Also, being a self-diagnosed Pinterest addict (Click here for a link to my Pinterest profile.), I am forever grateful to those who share their crafty how-tos with me and I would be, oh, so honored to provide instruction and inspiration for another's creative undertaking. 
(3) I am extremely opinionated. Although I'm not (and never will be) the type of person to disrespect or discredit another person's beliefs, values, or lifestyle choices, I love to express and debate my own opinions and interests, whether they be about social issues, political issues... or issues in relation to beauty and fashion, books, or films.
(4) Finally, I think keeping a blog will motivate me to lead a more interesting and exciting life than I do currently; "carpe diem". After all, I need something good to write about, don't I?
        My brand spankin' new blog in mind, I think it's safe to say that I'm turning over a new leaf in my life. So as an "in with the new, out with the old", symbolic gesture, I cut my hair! Eight inches later, I say goodbye to my lovely long tresses with dead ends, and hello to shoulder-length sassiness which my friend told me belonged "in a French Indie film".
        This is the beginning of an experiment and an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment